7.05.2011

mary travers

No one has ever asked me who my style icon is, which is a shame, because that's one question I actually have an answer to: Mary Travers. Mary's best known for being 1/3 of Peter, Paul, and Mary, but she was also an activist and (least importantly) a megababe. One of these days, I hope to write something to give proper tribute to her life, but hopefully this love letter to her fashion sense will serve as an I.O.U.

Mary mixed my favorite sixties trends to perfection. Her look is something I've been going for for years, but couldn't pin down until the last few months and still haven't translated into my real life to the extent that I'd like. Maybe these photos will finally inspire me to whittle down my wardrobe a bit and get rid of anything too trendy or ill fitting in favor of a wardrobe I can actually work with, since obviously practical things like moving and a budget aren't quite doing the trick!

h






Here's what I would buy today if I had all the money in the world to get the look:


mary travers

3 comments:

  1. These are so lovely! Simple and adaptable yet so interesting. The third outfit is my favorite just because I love ankle-length pants so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love lover her style! and those are great picks to recreate her look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...