7.06.2011

Jennie Ottinger

I recently came across Jennie Ottinger's work and couldn't help but be reminded by my own struggles to translate my drawings into paintings. The style of her paintings and translucency of color and ephemeral form is exactly what I  wanted to do when I set out to be a painter in college, but somehow, I was just never able to accomplish it. Since then, I've dabbled here and there with painting but seeing her work really makes me want to dedicate a bit more time to trying again.


 


(images from here & here)

And now back to editing my undergrad thesis for grad school apps...

3 comments:

  1. Ohh wow, these are so lovely. I adore your introductory paragraph too. Btw if you were serious about an art for dresses swap, I am so keen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes let's do a swap for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...