6.26.2011

my favorite things this june

I might start doing roundups of the things I keep coming back to every month - albums, outfits, meals, etc., so here are my favorite things from the month of June!

These four pairs of shoes have been in heavy rotation. All second hand except the Converse, which have miraculously survived since high school thanks to a few trips through the washing machine.



My go-to outfit this month - Madewell jeans, APC long sleeved tee, and H&M cardigan, which was all in my budget thanks to super sales! The concept of cardigans in the summer is so weird to me, having grown up in Texas, but it's just been so cold and rainy here in Boston.

Newport Folk Festival outfit planning, because yes, I am that excited even though it's a month away! Emmylou Harris and Elvis Costello, guys! Thrifted silk shirt, Urban Outfitters floral high waisted shorts, Rodarte for Opening Ceremony sunglasses that would not have been possible if I had not won a gift card from Ripped Knees (thanks, Ana!), and a flea market hat.

Non fashiony things:

I've been trying to stop drinking so much coffee, so instead I'm drinking tons of iced green tea with a little bit of agave to sweeten it. So good and way cheaper!

I got a Fujifilm Instax in May, and I've been using it tons - it's a really fun camera to grab shots of you and your friends hanging out without the guilt of a Polaroid film price tag.




Taking my sketchbook and iPod to the river is always a good way to cheer myself up after class (I'm taking Psychology of War & Peace right now...super interesting, but a major bummer), and I can't get enough of these albums right now: Panda Bear - Person Pitch, Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz, Beat Happening - Black Candy, and Jonathan Richman - I, Jonathan.

3 comments:

  1. ah i'm glad to see you spent the giftcard well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfits!
    I have a fuji instax too and I use it all the time. It's such a fun camera.

    nightofbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The folk festival sounds amazing and you are going to look perfect too. Love both outfits. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...