8.14.2011

Modernizm

I often comment about how one of my favorite things about the internet is how it's put me in direct contact with so many like-minded and creative individuals. Through Tumblr and Flickr, I've come across many talented illustrators, artists, and fellow ziners I would have never had the chance to interact with otherwise. Earlier this month, I started corresponding with Stacy of Modernizm Art Zine who is based out of Houston, TX and formerly of Austin, TX. She sent me a few back copies of her zine project and gave me the inside scoop on the best art spots in Austin, all of which I can't wait to check out soon. Modernizm "focuses on promoting artists, creative collaboration and issues about the visual arts in Texas" - all of our favorite things. 

Recently she started a Kickstarter Project to help fund the expansion of Modernizm projects and as her next issue is "The Texas Issue" and we're moving there next week, it seemed like the perfect time to share with you! You can purchase the previous issues of Modernizm over at her etsy shop





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...