3.09.2012

ADULT TIE DYE

It's always funny / interesting / etc how the things you used to loathe end up being the things you obsess about later. For me it's tie dye. I was never a big fan of it until a few months ago - I always just correlated it to the oversized neon t-shirts prevalent during elementary schools that you paired with some bejeweled biker shorts. But muted tie dye on loose, flowy garments? Yes, please!





I'm usually OKAY about keeping my impulse purchases to a minimum but I couldn't help myself when I saw these Black Crane dresses online at Mohawk General Store. They look ideal for spring in Austin. 

(all images via mohawkgeneralstore.net)






8 comments:

  1. Those dresses are amazing. Seems like it would be a good project to try at home too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IA. Once I have more time on my hands, I definitely want to try out some more garment dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove those. I might be in Austin this summer so maybe I should get one too ;) I love faded tie dye though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just got it and it's nice and light - perfect for austin humidity!

      Delete
  4. I've been dying to get one of these dresses for the longest time. They are so beautiful and look so comfortable for the summer.

    (did you see what I did there? dying? LOL)

    Also HA BEJWELLED BIKE SHORTS OH THE 1990S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm definitely happy with my purchase - i want all of them now!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blog, from the witty title to the photos. Have linked you on my blog.


    http://shelovesmixtapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...