2.22.2011

Marimekko Dreaming

Carly and I have definitely bonded quite a bit over fashion in the time we've known each other, so we thought it would be fun to have a fashion week of our own here at the Ventricular Projects blog!

First up is a bit of a resolution: stop drooling over the Marimekko store and make something! I've been a bit pattern crazy as long as I can remember (for example, this winter, a plaid coat and a striped backpack have been the minimum of my daily print-mixing), so add in my sixties fixation, and Marimekko makes frocks plucked straight from my dreams.

My clothing budget almost nonexistent since I'm currently squirreling away money for a cross country move, so I'm going to have to get a little creative! I'm officially, publicly challenging myself to scour thrift stores for the perfect bold, vintage fabrics and make a simple shift dress or two. May I rise to the occasion or fail before your eyes!





1 comment:

  1. the last one is a dream!!!!! these are such simple shapes and definitely look like something you could make with a little practice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...